Monday, September 25, 2006

Skype

You will notice the new little icon on the right-hand side of the blog just above all the pictures links. This is my small way of promoting Skype. Here's the basic gist. Skype allows you to use your computer like a phone with phenomenal rates that totally beat out the big phone companies like BT and Verizon. If you click on the title of this blog, you will go directly to the Skype website, but in the meantime let me highlight a few of Skype's awesome features:

1) Skype to Skype calls are FREE! See the details here: http://www.skype.com/products/priceoverview/?currency=GBP&vat=NO
2) Skypeout calls (Skype to a non-Skype landline) are super cheap. For example, it only costs me about 2 cents a minute to call the US. Check out this link to find your rates: http://www.skype.com/products/skypeout/rates/all_rates.html?currency=USD

Now, I have not yet had a chance to test Skype out. I'd love for any of you to be my guinea pig and give it a shot. It's downloaded on my computer and waiting to be christened. My username is hollowayb.

No comments: