Sunday, December 30, 2007

8 Year Anniversary

A few weeks after we arrived in Aberdeen it dawned on me that I had not brought any of our wedding photos with us. Our wedding pre-dated the common use of digital photography, and in the absence of our scanner, I did the next best thing, took a digital picture of a framed photo that Trey's mom has from our wedding. So pardon the muddiness, but it was the best thing I had to commemorate eight years of marriage. Yes, today is our wedding anniversary. I can hardly believe that we're closing in on a decade. I don't know where the time disappears. In some ways, I feel as though I've been married my whole life, and marrying at the ripe ol' age of 18 means that I have been married for nearly 1/3 of it. But in other ways, it feels like we just got married a couple of years ago. Time is strange. Regardless, these past eight years have been amazing. Here's to many more!

4 comments:

Kent, Tammy, and Hannah Eilers said...

Congratulations friend! We are so happy for you. Go out and celebrate!!!!! Have a margarita for me friend (:

laurel said...

Happy Anniversary, Becky!! I hope you are able to have a wonderful celebration today w/ Trey. That is really cool that you got married on New Year's Eve!
The parallels between us continue...we just celebrated our (7th) anniverary this month...and I was also a baby when we married (I was 19, he was 26). :)

John & Mindy McCracken said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you're having a wonderful time at home.
Love,
The McCrackens

Rachel Green said...

Congrats, Becky!

We are coming up on #10 this year! Amazing.

Enjoy having family around to babysit and go out and do some celebrating!! ;-)