Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Time to Breath

Last night Tricia and Nate got the call that a pair of lungs had been found that might be a match for her. When I went to bed last night, they still hadn't heard anything back confirming one way or the other. This morning when I got up, the news was amazing! The lungs are a match and she is currently in surgery. The procedure takes 7-9 hours. At this moment there is no update, but I ask you to pray for Tricia, Nate, and Gwyneth at this watershed in their lives. Pray that God will carry Tricia through the surgery and the recovery. Pray that God would give their family strength as they encounter the trials and triumphs of this new chapter in their lives. Pray for the family that has donated these lungs and has consequently lost someone they love dearly. You can follow this incredible story for yourself at www.cfhusband.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

MilePost13 said...

Thank you!

laurel said...

Wow, I a definitely praying for this family. I think that is the incredible thing about donating organs: that during a time of intense grieve and loss, you can give another family so much hope. Really incredible.

Allison said...

I've been praying for these folks, too! It's great to hear all the updates...

I was a preemie, too, (only a few ounces more) so seeing pictures of their little girl is heart-warming.