Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jersey Tomatoes

Exhibit A
See Exhibit A, a completely untouched photograph taken Sunday on my iPhone of a sliced tomato from the "big plant" in my garden just before being added to BLTs. Yes, this slow-to-produce plant has finally started yielding some significant bounty in...get this...October? And I have fallen in love all over again with Jersey tomatoes. Remember how much I missed them in Aberdeen? I bet you dollars to doughnuts that if you do not like tomatoes but then had a bite of a Jersey tomato, you would change your mind. Jersey is to tomatoes what Georgia is to peaches.

They are the reddest, juiciest, most delicious tomatoes in the world. See Exhibit A. I rest my case.

2 comments:

The Green Family said...

Wow . . . I'm not a fan of tomatoes at all, but this one looks almost good enough for me to want to take a bite. . . . almost. ;-)

Lexie Loo, Little Lily, and Dylan Too! said...

It looks delicious!