Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Year's Resolution - One Year Later


This image just makes me laugh because it kind of looks like the baby is flossing, right? Over a year ago I shared with you my journey to better tooth care, starting with an uncomfortable first visit to the dentist in too many years. I resolved that I would floss regularly and continue with 6 month dental check-ups. Well, I am proud to announce that I met my goal. I have flossed every day for more than the past year (with only the occasional miss) and I, indeed, visited the dentist back in the summer for my mid-year appointment. Today was supposed to be my annual -- along with Addison -- but he was sick, so I postponed it for a couple of weeks. Regardless, I am ridiculously pleased that I was able to stick with this goal. My gums are so healthy now, and I am not dreading the dental cleaning because I know it won't hurt. Plus, I actually fulfilled a new year's resolution. That might be a first!

No comments: