Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 2 - Feeling Full

This morning I woke up feeling refreshed. Probably was those two extra hours of sleep I got since I went to bed early. I was definitely hungry and ready to eat my breakfast when I arrived at work, but I experienced the same bizarre phenomenon at both breakfast and lunch that I alluded to yesterday (dinner hasn't occurred yet). I feel full about 2/3 of the way through the meal. I'm not eating huge quantities of food, so I can only assume this is my natural response to eating healthier foods. I must be too used to all those empty carbs that can be consumed in pretty massive quantities.

Confession time: I don't love my coffee with coconut milk, but I hate black coffee even more. I am very much a light and sweet kind of girl, so drinking compliant coffee is a real sacrifice for me. The coconut milk does make the coffee creamy but it also makes it oily. Yuck. For me the morning coffee ritual is such a part of starting my day that the thought of forgoing it along with everything else right now is just not an option. If it were warmer out -- which it's not -- I'd seriously consider drinking brewed ice tea with lemon to get my caffeine fix. As it is, it's cold and damp and February. So I'm just going to grin and bear it.

I realized this morning that I didn't do a "before picture" on Day 1, so I think I'll have Trey take a picture of me in my workout clothes tonight before I go meet with my trainer. Workout clothes are more form-fitting and should reveal a bigger change by the end of the month than if I did photos in my favorite and oh-so-slimming work blazers.


Here's the meal plan for today:
Breakfast - Banana, 2 hard boiled eggs, small serving of pecans, coffee with coconut milk
Lunch - 2 seasoned boneless skinless chicken thighs, spicy guacamole with crudite, 1/2 a grapefruit, serving of my homemade applesauce
Dinner - Chocolate chili and steamed broccoli

No comments: