Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 3 - The Hangover


I'm blogging about yesterday late because yesterday was one of those days where there simply wasn't a spare minute to breath, let alone blog. But I have some important things to share, so I didn't want to skip it altogether.

First, tada! Before pictures. Granted they were taken at the end of day three before I left for yoga, but close enough. I did not retouch or do anything to these photos. That's me as I am today.


Second, the hangover hit. When I woke up in the morning I had a wicked headache -- the kind that wraps your whole skull in a wad of cotton and then pushes from the inside out. I can only assume this is the carb detox or "carb flu" I've been warned about. I am happy to report, however, that once I ate my breakfast and drank my coffee and noon rolled around, the headache was mostly gone and I did feel more human.

Third, I discovered my new favorite shrimp recipe -- Ginger Lime Grilled Shrimp. Even if you're not following a Paleo diet, this is a delicious one to introduce into your repertoire  Fresh lime juice, ginger, garlic, cilantro, seasoning, and olive oil. What's not to love?


Breakfast - 2 hard-boiled eggs, a banana, my homemade applesauce, a small serving of macadamia nuts (oh my goodness, these are amazing and a poor man's version of eating white chocolate macadamia cookies), and coffee with coconut milk
Lunch - scrumptious spinach salad topped with fresh cut veggies and 2 hard-boiled eggs lightly dressed with 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 a grapefruit
Dinner - Ginger Lime Grilled Shrimp paired with sautéed garlic lemon green beans

Yesterday I definitely felt like my appetite was better during meals, which hopefully means I'm starting to adjust to eating differently.

1 comment:

Allison Redd said...

I'm not quite following the same eating plan you are, but the last few weeks I've found that just by eating less carbs (I still eat quinoa, brown rice, and Ezekiel bread) and focusing on eating mid-morning and mid-afternoon "snacks" of protein and good fats (like greek yogurt, turkey and avocado, etc.) I am already feeling much better. I know I need to give up dairy but I just can't do it yet! I am reading your posts with interest and hope to try something like this later on! Thanks for sharing!