Thursday, September 12, 2013

Patriot's Day


Yesterday was Genevie's second day of Pre-K, but sadly the first day we got a picture of her on her way to school. I suppose a missed first day of school photo is an occupational hazard of being the third child.

Her school was honoring Patriot's Day so all the students were asked to wear red, white, and blue. She has become quite particular about her outfits each day, and this directive did not please her one bit. Needless to say, there were more than a few tears, and she promptly changed when she got home. I suspect this was one of those parenting moments where it wasn't worth it for me to dig in my heels. I'm still learning.


Incidentally, this was the first year I let Genevie get her own backpack, just like her brothers. I'm hoping she'll love it enough to use it again next year. The thing is nearly as big as she is. It is awfully cute to see her toting it back and forth to school, usually empty, but it's about the ritual after all.

No comments: